Monday, August 25, 2008

Breastfeeding dolls

Finally, a doll that doesn't come with a bottle! UK company Boobie Buddies has created a breastfeeding mom doll that comes attached with a little nursling. Strategic magnets allow the mom to breastfeed, kiss and cuddle the newborn baby. The doll comes in a Caucasian and an African-American version (although other ethnicities are not represented). This is a great tool for talking to toddlers about breastfeeding and to normalize breastfeeding for young kids.

I was breastfed but remember that all of my baby dolls had bottles. If I have a daughter some day, I'd like her to grow up knowing that breastfeeding is the natural and normal way to feed a baby. I hope she wants and plans to nurse if she decides to have children of her own. I would love for her to have toys and books that depict moms breastfeeding.

Has anyone ever seen a doll like this? Is anything similar available in the U.S.? I have heard moms tell stories of how their little girls will "breastfeed" their dollies, but I've never actually seen a toy before that was designed expressly for this purpose.

via Baby Gadget

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails